Dr. Nazarian utilizes his extensive training and experience to treat even the most challenging dental situations. He has been delivering cosmetic, implant, and functional solutions to patients for over 20 years. His commitment to “doing it right” and ability to “handle just about anything” has won him the admiration of patients and other doctors. A big bonus is that Dr. Nazarian uses his expertise to prevent bigger problems from ever happening.
Dr. Nazarian graduated from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry and completed an AEGD (Advanced Education In General Dentistry) Residency from the US Navy in San Diego California.
In addition, he completed advanced training in dental implants and grafting from the world renowned Misch International Implant Institute.
More About Dr. Nazarian
He has been helping patients, so they can enjoy eating and smiling again with dental implants for many years. He has developed special methods of implant dentistry to “rescue” the denture patient and those with debilitated teeth needing complete reconstructions.
He also implements special techniques in sedation dentistry for the fearful patient. All treatment is performed in the same office. This combined with advanced techniques allow even the most compromised individual to return to a life of enjoying dental health.
Dr. Nazarian is a Diplomate in ICOI (International Congress of Oral Implantologists) which is one of the highest international designations for skill in the surgery and restoration of dental implants. He also holds a Mastership in the American Academy of Small Diameter Implants.
He teaches other dentists in the art and science of dental implants and cosmetics, so that his methods can help others outside of his own practice. He has taught non-invasive extractions, grafting, full mouth rehabilitation and 3D diagnosis and treatment planning with CBCT.
He has been published nationally and internationally in leading dental publications in the area of cosmetics, metal free crowns, extractions, grafting, sinus lifts, immediate implant placement, same day provsionalization and CAD/CAM restorations. In addition, he teaches practicing dentists atraumatic extractions and grafting at the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry.
- University of Detroit – Mercy: Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency, San Diego, CA
- University of Michigan – Microbiology
- Contemporary Esthetics
- Dentistry Today
- Dental Products Report
- Dental Equipment and Materials
- Dental Town
Post Graduate Training – Representative Coursework
Dr. Nazarian’s demonstrated focus and surgical interest in full mouth reconstructive implant dentistry and restorative esthetics is reflected below in a partial outline of his ongoing training and lecture activities.
- Misch Institute: Implant Training BioHorizons® Implants
- IMTEC Corporation: Dental Implants
- OCO Biomedical Incorporated: Dental Implants
- Summit Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery-MI: Implant Surgery
- Nash Institute: Esthetics
- IMTEC Corporation: Implants
- Dental Implant Training Center: Implants
- AGD-Michigan: Occlusal Management
- American Society for Clinical Research: Tooth-Colored Restorations
- Discus Dental Impressions: Orthodontics
- Ivoclar Vivadent, Incorporated: Tooth-Colored Restorations
- Seminar: Reconstructive Phase Therapy
- Detroit District Dental Society: Tooth-Colored Restorations
- Pro-Dentec: Non-Surgical Therapeutic Management
- Sendax Seminars: Implants
- Sterling Management Systems: Interceptive Orthodontics
- Nobel Biocare: Reconstructive Phase Therapy
- Excellence in Dentistry: Prosthodontics – Fixed
- Excellence in Dentistry: Ceramic Restorations
- Excellence in Dentistry: Periodontics
- AGD-Michigan: Direct Gold Restorations
- CollaGenex Pharmaceuticals: Periodontics
- CollaGenex Pharmaceuticals: Non-Surgical Therapeutic Management
- University of Michigan School of Dentistry: Esthetics
- Dentsply International: Endodontics
- MicroDental Laboratories: Operative Dentistry
Professional Activities – Affiliations
- Fellow: International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Diplomate: International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Mastership American Acadamy of Small Diameter Implants
- Mastership International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- Clinical Consultant to the Dental Advisor
- Top Clinician in Continuing Education 2009-2018