Meet Dr. Ara Nazarian DDS, DICOI
Dr. Nazarian has been providing general dentistry services and his more creative uses of modern, cutting-edge technologies to patients in Birmingham, Detroit Metro, Bloomfield, Sterling Heights, Dearborn, Bloomfield Hills and Dearborn Heights in addition to his local Troy area patients for over 20 years.
His development of proprietary techniques and service delivery methods using standard and custom made dental products have particulary become popular with young adults and older adults seeking cosmetic, reconstructive and orthodontic dentistry that seem to break through common expectations.
Dr. Nazarian’s Rapid Ortho Treatments are now becoming popular with patients from Ohio, Illinois and Indiana, especially for young adults and older adults who need traditional metal braces (powerful), but don’t want to wear them for 2 to 3 years.
With his more recent success in adapting popular veneer products to his orthodontic procedures he has been able to create Hollywood style good looks without the usual “wait and see” process of regular orthodontic braces followed up with more cosmetic dentistry.
Our Flipper-less Flipper was also made popular in this area by Dr. Nazarian. Using standard products and a little creative know how, he created a cosmetic alternative to the dreaded denture flipper that is commonly required for creating temporary replacements for teeth.
Dr. Nazarian’s proprietary flipper appliance does NOT have to be removed while eating and provides the best environment for tissue healing.
Our patients enjoy having the capability of bending the rules of: how dramatic a cosmetic result can be (our patients define what they want), how convenient treatments are structured to require the least amount of time lost from work and finally, knowing that treatment dollars are not wasted when patients are focused on a gradual upgrade path of treatments that, in today’s times, many people think are not possible.
Post Graduate Training – Representative Coursework
Dr. Nazarian’s demonstrated focus and surgical interest in full mouth reconstructive implant dentistry and restorative esthetics is reflected below in a partial outline of his on-going training and lecture activities.
- Misch Institute: Implant Training BioHorizons® Implants
- IMTEC Corporation: Dental Implants
- OCO Biomedical Incorporated: Dental Implants
- Summit Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery-MI: Implant Surgery
- Nash Institute: Esthetics
- IMTEC Corporation: Implants
- Dental Implant Training Center: Implants
- AGD-Michigan: Occlusal Management
- American Society for Clinical Research: Tooth-Colored Restorations
- Discus Dental Impressions: Orthodontics
- Ivoclar Vivadent, Incorporated: Tooth-Colored Restorations
- Seminar: Reconstructive Phase Therapy
- Detroit District Dental Society: Tooth-Colored Restorations
- Pro-Dentec: Non-Surgical Therapeutic Management
- Sendax Seminars: Implants
- Sterling Management Systems: Interceptive Orthodontics
- Nobel Biocare: Reconstructive Phase Therapy
- Excellence in Dentistry: Prosthodontics – Fixed
- Excellence in Dentistry: Ceramic Restorations
- Excellence in Dentistry: Periodontics
- AGD-Michigan: Direct Gold Restorations
- CollaGenex Pharmaceuticals: Periodontics
- CollaGenex Pharmaceuticals: Non-Surgical Therapeutic Management
- University of Michigan School of Dentistry: Esthetics
- Dentsply International: Endodontics
- MicroDental Laboratories: Operative Dentistry
Professional Activities – Affiliations
- Fellow: International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Diplomate: International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Mastership American Acadamy of Small Diameter Implants
- Mastership International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- Clinical Consultant to the Dental Advisor
- Top Clinician in Continuing Education 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- University of Detroit – Mercy: Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency, San Diego, CA
- University of Michigan – Microbiology